November 16, 2020
At Preston Kelly, we make brands positively matter by creating experiences so meaningful they are welcome in people’s lives. We can’t accomplish this mission for our clients without public relations playing a key role. The practitioner we want to add to our team can either be a rising-star at a supervisor-level or a rising-star at a director-level, and their title will reflect their level. They will work directly with our client partners to drive PR programs, in entertainment, food, healthcare and financial categories. And through the positive impact PR can make, help these good brands win.
The other critical role will be responsibility for driving positive media coverage for the Preston Kelly brand, including heightened awareness and industry exposure of our Good Wins brand story, our growth, thought leadership, talent, culture and our award winning work. They will manage how we represent ourselves in digital and non-digital spaces, ranging from our website, LinkedIn, conferences, awards, events and more.
The ideal person for this role has a consumer PR foundation, has worked within or as a client to a PR agency, is a writing wiz, and has a knack for creating meaningful experiences that are welcome in people’s lives. As the agency grows, we hope this leadership position grows with us, helping us build a team of public relations professionals to support more clients and categories.
Our CO-OP Values:
The person who holds this position will be a part of a team of fanatics on a common mission to help grow our agency, our clients and ourselves. We will do so by following our agency values.
Courage: Champion smart risk
Originality: Choreograph our own dance
Openness: Welcome diverse ideas
Positivity: Inspire more great
- Provide support to Preston Kelly clients in entertainment, food, healthcare, financial, CPG and other categories
- Develop a strategic roadmap for communications initiatives, including timing and deliverables for all PR and external stories
- Brainstorm, collect and share ideas for experiential and editorial content
- Provide writing and coordination support for blog posts, op-eds thought pieces and articles
- Develop and distribute news releases to target media and influencers
- Conduct pitch outreach, coordinate interviews and requests for information, and conduct media monitoring to capture stories (print, digital, social media)
- Develop and maintain media lists for the Twin Cities, state, national trade media and other relevant client industries
- Conduct media training for agency team members, and client personnel when needed
- Identify and submit proposals to speak at local and national events and conferences
- Facilitate an awards plan, coordinate and submit agency content to business and industry awards
- Track agency and client news and relevant industry trends; report out with actionable insights when applicable
- Regularly meet and collaborate with social team to ensure topics and content are streamlined across all owned, digital and social channels
- Work closely with new business director on ways to increase agency exposure for client prospects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education combined with experience
- 10-20 years of work experience in the public relations/advertising/marketing industry
- Understanding of media and influencer landscape, how to craft an effective media pitch and build relationships with key media and influencers
- Strong writing skills, both for media relations and blog posts, social copy, etc.
- Creative, innovative consumer campaign experience and desire necessary
- Strong grasp of social media for business
- Ability to create or source content; photography and design skills a plus
- Comfort with creating and giving compelling PowerPoint/Keynote presentations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to adapt quickly to demands of challenging and unusual projects
- Strong attention to detail and good record-keeping abilities
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels at the agency
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively lead a team and direct reports
- Team player, loves to collaborate with other teams in the organization
Sound like you? Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Spire at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
About Preston Kelly
Preston Kelly believes that “Good Wins” and works to make a positive impact on the lives of the people we market for and with. We’ve been named Ad Age’s “Midwest Small Agency of the Year” and ranked in the top 100 agencies nationally in the Effie Effectiveness Index. We are also a 2020 Best Places to Work, from Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
We are committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Spire at firstname.lastname@example.org.