February 10, 2021
The Project Manager at Preston Kelly plays a pivotal role in leading integrated campaigns and projects, engaging with all internal team members as the communication hub throughout all project phases. The PM establishes and proactively manages the project plan and workflow, driving the team toward project completion on time and on budget.
This person thrives on problem solving and collaborating with cross-functional team members and has an inborn desire to create and manage complex, compelling experiences. They’re a leader, a problem solver – not a paper pusher – making positive and relevant contributions and generating collaborative discussion to drive action.
- Manage all facets of assigned campaigns and projects from kick off through delivery, including, but not limited to: resource planning, estimating, scheduling and budget/scope tracking
- Lead internal teams, prioritize tasks and manage risks to bring to life our award-winning integrated work
- Provide clarity, inspiration and direction throughout the life a project
- Coordinate resource assignments, internal and sometimes external, in collaboration with department leads
- Develop project estimates, collaborating with internal team members as needed to ensure accuracy of scoped time and materials, as well as the defined assumptions and exclusions of the project
- Develop and manage timelines to meet key deadlines and exceed
- Ensure all project team members have visibility and understanding of project expectations at each milestone to ensure flawless execution; track and communicate team progress accordingly
- Effectively lead internal status meetings, document meeting outcomes and
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, tactical communication with clients to ensure client is briefed and updated on all relevant project activity
- Manage and drive internal processes, helping to establish and reinforce best practices for project workflow
- Solid understanding of a range of strategic and creative deliverables and ability to develop estimates, schedules and project workflow accordingly
- A multi-tasking ninja, able to manage many projects simultaneously, with an obsessive attention to detail
- Approaches opportunities and challenges with positivity, good humor and flexibility
- Thrives on bringing order to the sometimes messy, chaotic and ever-changing environment of managing projects; calm under pressure
- A proactive go-getter and creative problem solver who doesn’t know the meaning of “stay in your lane”
- A strong communicator, able to share ideas and recommendations with confidence, as well as understand, motivate and support team members across different
- 3+ years of project management experience in a creative agency environment
- Experience with and confidence in managing a variety of project types, including traditional and digital advertising, websites/landing pages, content, print/collateral, OOH, broadcast and public relations
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Familiarity with Basecamp, Gantt charts, Smartsheet, Advantage and other project management tools
Note: this job is based in Minneapolis and will require an in-office presence, except during the COVID work from home timeframe.
Sounds like you? Please submit a cover letter and resume to Deanne Goetz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Preston Kelly
Preston Kelly believes that “Good Wins” and works to make a positive impact on the lives of the people we market for and with. We’ve been named Ad Age’s “Midwest Small Agency of the Year” and ranked in the top 100 agencies nationally in the Effie Effectiveness Index. We are also a 2020 Best Places to Work, from Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
We are committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.