December 07, 2020
Preston Kelly is seeking an experienced broadcast media buyer to join our growing media team! The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in executing local market TV and radio buys, plus a working knowledge of digital audio and video. As part of the media team, your primary role is to be the subject matter expert for all things broadcast – including helping our agency evolve our approach to best practices. You will manage and vet all necessary planning data, tools and resources and stay on top of emerging trends. In addition, you’ll work closely with planning teams to fine-tune media strategies, build unique media partnership opportunities and make meaningful connections with our clients’ best customers. We are looking for someone who is a hard worker, a team player, a mentor and a good communicator. You must have a positive attitude and be an amazing cultural addition.
- Utilize market research to understand the target audience and media habits
- Negotiate broadcast rates, schedules and sponsorships, taking into consideration volume, market conditions, historical pricing, pre-emption levels, etc.
- Manage all broadcast buys from beginning to end including pre-planning considerations, planned vs. purchased summaries, makegoods and post-buys recaps
- Manage market budgets, ensure plans are pacing as planned
- Work with project managers and account teams to ensure everyone is effectively working together toward the same goals and on-time delivery
- Work with finance team to reconcile invoices, troubleshoot discrepancies and secure makegoods/credits
- Coordinate with broadcast production to ensure all confirmed buys are trafficked in a timely manner
- Mentor junior planners to understand how broadcast media is planned, purchased and measured
- Build positive relationships with local media outlets and their sales representatives,
keeping up to date on local media developments and changes in the landscape
- Regularly report budgets and delivery for client reporting, including actualizing after invoice
reconciliation and posting
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of experience directly responsible for broadcast media buying
- Must have a proficient understanding and working knowledge of media measurements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with focus on Marketing, Advertising or Communications
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Great communication and team/client management skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to analyze and interpret research data
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Good interpersonal skills and relationships with vendors
- Proficient in basic computer programs, such as Microsoft Office, Google Workspace
- Proven mastery of the following:
– Local TV/Radio media buying
– STRATA/other media buying system
– Nielsen/SQAD pricing estimates
– Advantage IO/billing software
– External partner management
Sounds like you? Please submit a cover letter and resume to Deanne Goetz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Preston Kelly:
Preston Kelly believes that “Good Wins” and works to make a positive impact on the lives of the people we market to. We’ve been named Ad Age’s “Midwest Small Agency of the Year” and ranked in the top 100 agencies nationally in the Effie Effectiveness Index. We have also been selected as a 2020 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal.
Our team shares these COOP values:
- Courage: Champion smart risk
- Originality: Choreograph our own dance
- Openness: Welcome diverse ideas
- Positivity: Inspire more great
It should go without saying, but all of us at Preston Kelly are committed to creating an inclusive employee experience, regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability. We want everyone we work with to be themselves.