April 21, 2021
At Preston Kelly, we make brands positively matter by creating experiences so meaningful they are welcome in people’s lives. We are at our best when we are building, strengthening, and amplifying our client’s good brands. The Brand Strategist will guide each account and new business efforts in leading research, knowing the market and its audiences, observing and analyzing market trends, evaluating key competitors, structuring and amplifying brand awareness, establishing a brand positioning, and supporting marketing plan efforts. This person is curious, positive, and able to articulate the unique story of the opportunity at hand to any level of an organization.
Our CO-OP Values:
The person who holds this position will be a part of a team of fanatics on a common mission to help grow our agency, our clients, and ourselves. We will do so by following our agency values.
Courage: Champion smart risk
Originality: Choreograph our own dance
Openness: Welcome diverse ideas
Positivity: Inspire more great
- Work with agency and account leadership to establish and monitor brand positioning, business and marketing metrics, and future strategic plans and/or needs.
- Lead cross-functional teams in establishing and articulating agency/client brand positioning, developing agency/client personas, creating customer journey maps, and delivering impactful message matrixes.
- Build, strengthen and amplify our agency and clients’ brand awareness with all recognized audiences and identify potential new audiences that will further deliver on the discussed agency/client KPIs.
- Lead and manage agency/client research – qualitative and quantitative methodologies, can work with external partners, lead the development of questionnaires and discussion guides, facilitate interviews and focus groups, gather important insights from research, and put together in actionable reports and recommendation
- Identify, evaluate and manage the agency’s key research tools, resources, partners and process.
- Create, lead and manage a structured approach for measuring and tracking essential KPIs. This structured approach will be utilized both internally and externally. KPIs will range by client and industry, but likely to include some of the following:
- brand awareness and perceptions
- purchase intent
- marketing ROI
- Provide input and collaboration with cross-functional teams to develop creative brand briefs and project briefs.
- Work with cross-functional strategy team members to design and monitor business performance goals and marketing goals (KPIs).
- Observe and analyze identified client industries and their competitors for trends and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education combined with experience
- 5 or more years of ad agency experience, with at least 4 of those years working in the role of a strategist
- Ability and desire to work alongside team members in our new downtown Minneapolis office when opened after the pandemic
- Solid computer skills, including Keynote and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral presentation skills – in person, over video or phone
- Cool under fire (e.g., when equipment isn’t fully functioning minutes before a presentation)
- Strong analytical skills and comprehensive understanding of business and marketing data
- Strong sense of curiosity and ability to ask smart and thoughtful questions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to demonstrate attention to details and good record-keeping abilities
- Team player who loves to collaborate with other teams in the organization
- Ability to live our agency values of courage, openness, originality and positivity
- Proficient level of professional skill and knowledge in marketing and key client industries, keeping current with developments and trends
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Sound like you? Please submit a cover letter and resume to Deanne Goetz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Preston Kelly
Preston Kelly believes that “Good Wins” and works to make a positive impact on the lives of the people we market for and with. We’ve been named Ad Age’s “Midwest Small Agency of the Year” and ranked in the top 100 agencies nationally in the Effie Effectiveness Index. We are also a 2020 Best Places to Work, from Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
We are committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic selves.